Hiking map Eastern Thuringian Basin
Hiking Map Eastern Thuringian Basin / Sheet 62 with Kölleda, Apolda, Bad Sulza, Artern and the Lower Unstrut Valley
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: WKT-20
The hiking map &Eastern Thuringian Basin shows the towns of Artern, Heldrungen, Rossleben, Kölleda, Apolda and Bad Sulza. The landscapes of Hohe Schrecke, Finne, Ilmtal from Niederrosla to Bad Sulza, Unstruttal from Rossleben to Burgscheidungen and the Thuringian Basin around Buttstedt are depicted. Places of interest in the old towns of Sömmerda, Apolda and Artern and the imperial palace are on the back of the hiking map.The Unstrut valley from Rossleben to Burgscheidungen and the Thüringer basin around Buttedt are shown.
The Unstrut is the most water-rich left tributary of the Saale. The 192 km long river rises in the southern Eichsfeld west of Dingelstedt. It drains almost the entire Thüringen basin and the western and northern marginal plates, parts of the Südharz and parts of the Thüringen Forest. The Unstrut breaks through the Hainleite at the Thuringian Gate south of Heldrungen. It continues to flow in large loops through the Burgenland district. In its lower reaches it is flanked by limestone-rich mountains. The Unstrut joins the Saale at Naumburg.
|Info's||Hiking map with cycle paths contains UTM coordinate grid and is GPS-compatible|
|Maßstab||1 : 50 000|
Interesting and worth seeing
- Historic old town of Apolda
- Water castle in Heldrungen
- Ruined monastery in Memleben
- Spa town of Bad Sulza and spa town of Bad Bibra
- Middle Unstrut valley from Rossleben to Kirchscheidungen
- Finne hiking trail, Mühlen hiking trail and Napoleon hiking trail
- Ilmtal cycle path and Unstrut cycle path
... is the administrative centre of the Landkreis Weimarer Land and lies between Weimar and Jena. The Ilm River flows in the north-west of the city and the city centre is located in a right-hand side valley of the Ilm. The surrounding area is a flat cultivated landscape on the edge of the Thuringian basin with intensive agricultural use.
There were settlements in the Ilmaue as early as the Bronze and Iron Ages. The town became famous 250 years ago as a bell town due to the bell foundry. Knitting and hosiery production was also important. Apolda developed into an important industrial town in Saxony-Weimar-Eisenach. The townscape of Apolda shows a cohesive architecture of the Gründerzeit. The oldest part of town with two- and three-storey half-timbered houses includes the market and the surrounding streets.
- The Apolda Town Hall is one of the oldest buildings in the town. The two-storey building in Renaissance style stands on the east side of the market and was erected in 1558/1559.
- A classicist factory owner's villa in Bahnhofstra;e houses the Bell Museum and the town museum. The museum was founded in 1952.
- The Castle Apolda is located on the site of the former castle. Today it houses the town administration, the registry office, the external office of the Weimar Music School and the Apolda Cultural Association. On the upper floor is a hall for cabaret events and concerts.
... is located in the Landkreis Weimarer Land, is designated as a spa and wine town and is a state-recognised spa. Since 1839, there has been a spa in Sulza. The town is part of the largest wine-growing area in central Germany in the Bad Bibra - Bad Kösen - Bad Sulza triangle. There is evidence of wine growing in Sulza since 1195, but it can be assumed that it is even äolder. In the past, the village probably also belonged to the Hersfeld Monastery.
- Drinking spring at the Carl Alexander Sophien spring, which supplies the nearby Sophienklinik with brine water, which in 1883 was Thüringen's first and äoldest rehabilitation clinic.
- A first bathhouse was built at the Leopold shaft and the first spa house on the Lachenberg. In 1883, the Children's Spa Sophie was inaugurated, named after the socially committed Grand Duchess Sophie of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach. More bathhouses, an inhalatorium, fountain pavilions, boarding houses and villas followed around 1900.
- Today, brine from the „Johann Agricola“ spring is used for thegraduation works „Louise“. The Tuscany Spa is a combination of a leisure pool and a thermal spa.
... is a small town in the Burgenlandkreis and belongs to the municipality „An der Finne“. The town lies in the valley of the Biberbach, not far from the state border with Thuringia. In the 9th century, Bibra was also on the list of the estates of the Hersfeld monastery. In 1656/57, the office with Bibra became part of the Duchy of Saxony-White Rock. The dukes enclosed the fountain of health. The town developed into the fashionable spa of the duchy. In the 19th century, spa tourism flourished again. The town is a state-recognised health resort.
... is a small town in the Burgenlandkreis, belongs to the municipality of „An der Finne“and lies on the Finne river. Eckartsburg Castle, a partially preserved castle, lies on the southern edge of the Finne hill range, above the village of the same name. The castle was built by Margrave of Meissen and Duke of Thuringia Ekkehard I, who is said to have built the castle on the Via Regia in 998.
... belongs to the Landkreis Sömmerda and is centrally located in the black earth area of the northern Thüringer Becken. To the north and east are the wooded hills of Finne and Schmücke. The feudal lord of the town in the High Middle Ages was the Hersfeld Abbey. This was enfeoffed by the Counts of Beichlingen. Kölleda is also known as the „Jahnstadt“ the gymnastics father Friedrich Ludwig Jahn was exiled here. In 1824, the cultivation of medicinal herbs began, which is why the town was also called „Peppermint Town“.
The Benedictine Abbey of Hersfeld founded the nunnery donated by the Counts of Beichlingen in 1265 and populated it with Cistercian nuns. The convent church can still be seen today on the cemetery grounds. The inheritance of the Counts of Werthern-Beichlingen is in the churchyard.
Beichlingen, district of Kölleda
... lies five kilometres north of Kölleda. Visible from afar is the Castle Beichlingen. It was first mentioned in a document in 1014 as a castle. In 1080, it was the dowry and residence of the countess Kunigunde of Weimar-Orlam. Her second husband Kuno of Northeim founded the line of the Counts of Beichlingen. In 1519 Hans von Werthern bought the county of Beichlingen and in 1544 began to rebuild the castle in the style of the late Renaissance. Of the old castle complex, only the "Hohe Haus" and the feudal house remain. The Counts of Werthern-Beichlingen owned the castle until 1945. Since 2001, the castle has been privately owned again, but the Förderverein can continue its work. Today, a hotel and a restaurant are run in the castle.
... belongs to the Landkreis Sömmerda and lies on the south-western slope of the Finne. In the Middle Ages, Raspenburg Castle was located here on the northern outskirts of the town. The „Castrum Raspinberg“ was the property of the Thüringer landgrave from the Ludowinger dynasty from 1085. The Wettin dynasty elevated Rastenberg to the status of a town in 1378, and the castle became part of the town fortifications. The castle soon fell into disrepair and was used as building material. The remains of the castle tower were uncovered in 1994. Today, an information pavilion stands on the tower stump.
... is the second largest municipality in the county of Sömmerda and lies in the eastern part of the Thuringian basin between the Ettersberg and the Finne. As early as the 8th century, Buttstedt was liable to pay interest to the Hersfeld monastery. About 100 years later, the Margrave of Meissen, Ekkehard, made Buttstedt a town. In the 9th century, the town became part of the Fulda monastery. After the Thirty Years' War, the town became a horse market town. Since 1982, this tradition has been taken up again and has developed into a true folk festival. Thousands of visitors come to the Thuringian horse market in Buttstedt on the first weekend in July.
... is located in the north-east of the Kyffhäuserkreis on the border with Saxony-Anhalt. The town lies on a bend of the Unstrut, which flows through the town from the south-west to the south-east, and the Helme flows into the Unstrut to the south-east. At the beginning of the 9th century, Artern belonged to the Hersfeld Monastery of the Archbishopric of Mainz. In 1346 the archbishops of Magdeburg became feudatories. In 1579 it became part of the Electorate of Saxony by exchange, and after the Congress of Vienna it became part of Prussia.
- The St Vitus Church is the oldest medieval building in the city. The building dates from the middle of the 13th century, the time of the late Romanesque to early Gothic periods. It has not been used as a church since the middle of the 16th century. Today it is a museum of local history, exhibition space, concert hall and registry office.
- The Town Church of St. Mary dates from the 12th century. The materials used were red sandstone, limestone, conglomerate and gypsum. After 1150 the tower was built and around 1225 the later choir room. The church became Protestant in 1540. After a fire, the west nave was rebuilt between 1615 and 1629.
- The Oberer Hof is a 17th century half-timbered house in the former manor house with the exhibition on the history of the Kyffhäuserhütte.
... is located in the district of Mansfeld-Südharz (Saxony-Anhalt), a few kilometres north of the state border with Thüringen. The Rohne and Helme rivers flow through the town and join the Unstrut in the south. The valley here is a fertile plain, also known as the Ried or Diamantene Aue. Allstedt already existed in the Thuringian kingdom in the 5th/6th century. Between 881 and 899, the village appears in the tithe register of the Hersfeld monastery. King Heinrich I is said to have drawn a document here.
Allstedt is also known for the stay of Thomas Müntzer as pastor of the Johanniskirche. In 1524, he held the famous sermon on the prince in front of the Elector of Saxony Friedrich and Duke Johann in the castle chapel.
- The Palatinate of Allstedt was a royal court of the Ottonians. The medieval castle emerged from it. In the Baroque period, it was converted into a castle and is now a museum on the history of the palatinate, castle, palace and town of Allstedt on the Romanesque Road.
- The Wigberti churche is one of the oldest buildings in the "Goldene Aue" and belonged to the monastery in the 8th/9th century. In 979, Otto II acquired the church by exchange and gave it to the Memleben monastery.