Hiking map Schmalkalden

Hiking map Schmalkalden

Artikelnummer: WKT-09

Hiking map of Schmalkalden in the Thuringian Forest NP with Trusetal, Breitungen, Floh-Seligenthal, Wernshausen, Schwallungen, Steinbach-Hallenberg and Fambach.

weitere Details

€5.10 *

Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs

Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays

  • WKT-09
Information The Schmalkalden hiking map shows the Rennsteig from Ebertswiese to Sperrhügel.... more

Information

The Schmalkalden hiking map shows the Rennsteig from Ebertswiese to Sperrhügel. The Trusetal and the Schmalkaldetal as well as the Werratal from Schwallungen to Breitungen are depicted from the Thüringer Wald Nature Park. The map sheet shows the villages of Trusetal, Breitungen, Floh-Seligenthal, Wernshausen, Schwallungen, Fambach, Steinbach-Hallenberg and He;les.

Attachment sheets: TK 25 W Bad Liebenstein and TK 25 W Inselsberg

Info's Hiking map with cycle paths, contains UTM coordinate grid and is GPS-compatible  
ISBN     978-3-86140-740-9
Maßstab       1 : 25 000
Publisher GeoThüringen Erfurt      

Hiking

  • Round hiking trail Schmalkalden Museentour (red M)
  • Altbergwerks Rundwanderweg Schmalkalden (crossed yellow hämmer)
  • Lutherweg (green L)
The town of Schmalkalden in the south-west of the Free State of Thuringia is a centre of the... mehr

The town of Schmalkalden in the south-west of the Free State of Thuringia is a centre of the Schmalkalden-Meiningen district and lies on the south-western slope of the Thuringian Forest north of where the Schmalkalde flows into the Werra. The village was first ceded to the monastery of Fulda in 874 as „villa Smalcalta“ along with other villages in the Grabfeldgau.
Schmalkalden had become a centre of metal processing due to iron ore mining in the area surrounding the town. The focus was on tool manufacture.

Interesting visitor destinations for tourists are:

  • Historic old town with late medieval half-timbered houses
  • Church of St. George, built in 1437–1509
  • Wilhelmsburg Castle, built 1585–1590
  • Visitor mine „Finstertal“
  • Timbered house in Breitungen